My album pick of the month is Chet Atkins & Mark Knopfler's Neck and Neck.
Neck and Neck was originally released in 1990, which means my current album pick is not very current.
As a kid, I was always ragging my dad for owning this album. Little did I
know about the talent of Mark Knopfler and Chet Atkins.
I dig Mark Knopfler's pick-free sound. His versatility with a Stratocaster has lent itself to a wide-range of sounds and styles.
I love every track on Neck and Neck from beginning to end, but "Just in Time" and "Poor Boy Blues" are my very favorites.
The below video demonstrates the genius and finesse of Atkins and Knopfler. Keep in mind the video was made in 1990 and, aside from the guitar-playing aspect, it is about on par with what you'd expect from anything made in 1990.
No comments:
Post a Comment